Hillshire Farms Cheddarwurst is the flavorful sausage that can be combined with almost anything you to serve a tasty dish. The brand is a trusted go-to choice for a lot of people when they want to buy smoked sausage because it can be easily found on major retails and supermarkets all across the USA.
Now, there are tons of ways to process the cheddarwurst because sausage is just such a versatile ingredient. One of the best and easiest Hillshire Farms Cheddarwurst Recipes to cook is the cheesy smoked sausage in skillet. You can choose to serve the sausage with potato, pasta or rice – as for now, you’d find out how to create a pasta-based sausage dish. Check out the recipe below to start making the delicious food on your own.
- 1 pound of Hillshire Farms Cheddarwurst, sliced on your preferable size
- 1 cup or 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz dry pasta of your choice
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounce or 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups or 16 oz chicken broth
- ½ cups or 4 oz heavy cream (or milk if you prefer it more)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Scallions for garnish, sliced
- Set olive oil on sauté pan with medium heat. Put the sliced sausage and onions on it, cook well until they turned light browned.
- Add sliced garlic into the pan and cook for half a minute more.
- Pour the chicken broth, milk, canned tomatoes, and pasta. Stir for a bit, then add salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and let the mixture on the boil, then bring the heat down into low.
- Wait until the pasta turns tender and the liquid is mostly absorbed (about 15 minutes simmering).
- Turn the heat off. Pour half the cup of shredded cheddar cheese and stir it on the mix.
- Sprinkle the other half of the cup of cheddar cheese on top of the dish and let it melt by covering the pan for about five minutes.
- Put the sliced scallions on top as garnish and serve it warmly.
This Hillshire Farms Cheddarwurst and pasta-based dish only takes about 30 minutes to make. The recipe above provides about 5-servings on a go, so it is ideal, easy, and quick to serve for family dinner on a weeknight.