The flavorful Chipotle guac ingredients only consist of six items and the dish can be made in mere few minutes. That is the main reason why the menu is so popular amongst many households. Guacamole is one of the most famous Mexican cuisines, and it is not without reason. The menu that gloriously promoted as “healthy fat” has satisfying and creamy textures, as well as having appetizing and filling quality. Here is the recipe that tastes extremely similar to the one that served in Chipotle.
- 2 large and ripe Hass avocados, cut each in half and pit them
- ¼ tsp table salt or kosher salt
- 1 lime, squeeze it into 2 tbsp of juice
- ½ jalapeño, chop finely but don’t remove the seeds
- 2 tbs of cilantro, chop finely
- 1 ½ medium red onion, chop finely
- Mix avocado and lime juice in medium sized bowl. Toss it until it mixed well
- Put salt to the bowl. Mash the ingredients until the mixture has nice and smooth texture.
- Put in the peppers, cilantro, and red onion. Adjust the salt if you feel like it is less salty.
- Serve the guacamole with chips
- The guacamole must not be exposed to air if you want to refrigerate it. Put the dish inside bowl and close with plastic wrap.
It only takes roughly fifteen minutes to cook the recipe and it is enough to serve up to 8 people, so it is perfect to make for the whole family.
The key to recreate the recipe is obviously the main ingredient which is the avocado. There are two helpful tips to pick the perfect avocado. First, if it has woody stem, it is probably ripened naturally. It tasted greater than the one that ripened faster, which you can detect from the nubby stem. Second tip, is to apply light pressure with your thumb. If the fruit is hard, then it is probably is not ripe enough. On the other hand, if it’s too mushy and soft, then it is too ripe to consume.
The guacamole can survive up to four days in the refrigerator. The step to cover the bowl with plastic wrap above is intended to avoid the discoloration that’s due to oxidation. You can also add citrus juice to the Chipotle guac ingredients, and pour it all over the top of the dish to battle the browning effect.