Auntie Annie’s mac and cheese is one of the most famous boxed mac and cheese products in the world. It has a lot of flavors and variations that everyone loves. If you love this mac and cheese product and you want to make an upgraded version of it, here is the right recipe for you. This recipe is going to turn the ordinary boxed mac and cheese into restaurant quality dish. Read the full recipe down below.
- 2 boxes Annie’s Shells & Real Aged Cheddar
- 1/2 lbs cooked chicken breast, chopped or diced
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 4 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare a heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Pour 1 cup of water. Sprinkle salt and add oil. Then, bring the water to boil.
- Open the package of Auntie Annie’s mac and cheese, pour in the macaroni and cook until the water is reduced and the pasta is softened.
- Add in the milk and season package. Stir and wait until the milk is absorbed.
- Add butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- Next, stir in the buffalo wing sauce followed by the diced chicken breast.
- The, add in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Give the mac and cheese a taste. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Keep stirring on medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes until the mac and cheese are done.
- Transfer onto the serving plate.
- Sprinkle the mac and cheese with chopped celery. Done.
By making Annie’s mac and cheese healthy and different, you won’t get bored of the flavor. The boxed mac and cheese can be cooked according to your preference. This buffalo chicken version is suitable for those who like their mac and cheese spicy and creamy. You can serve the dish with additional side dishes or anything else you like.
This recipe is also incredibly easy and fast to do. That is why when you are hungry in the middle of the night, this recipe is going to help you get a bowl of hearty dish in no time at all. Make sure that your pantry is stocked with Auntie Annie’s mac and cheese boxes so you can make this dish anytime that you want.