Tea and carr’s ginger lemon cremes are inseparable thing to enjoy in the morning. This cookie is delicious to boost fresh mood. One question in mind is how to make this dish. Buying is simple and easy way, but the recipe is what you need when you want to cook on your own. Below section shows the ingredients and cooking instructions for this cookie.
For the Dough:
- 5 1/2 ounces or 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces butter, cold unsalted (1 stick; 110g)
- 1 1/3 ounce unsulfured molasses, ground and not blackstrap
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt or for table salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, spooned
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
For the Filling:
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt; for table salt,
- Preheat the oven in 350 F
- Prepare bowl and stand mixer. Put sugar, molasses, ginger, butter, baking soda, salt, lemon zest, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix them slowly at low stirring. Keep the cream at medium and soft texture.
- After 5 minutes low speed, pour flour at once then mix it again to turn fully incorporated.
- Use teaspoon scoop and create cookie form from the dough. You can use your palm and roll then press it to be thin and thick layer. After the dough is ready, put into baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Rotate it upside down to obtain equal golden brown texture. After that, put it aside.
- Prepare new bowl for filling.
- Pour lemon juice, sugar, coconut oil, salt, and lemon extract. Mix them until they blend perfectly. Add cream if necessary.
- Prepare two baked cookies and pour filling in one side then cover with another. Create sandwich like cookies with filling.
- Put cookies in airtight container then store in fridge.
- Wait until 2 hours to harden the filling.
- Now, your carr’s ginger lemon cremes are ready
All ingredients in carr’s ginger lemon cremes recipe are easy to find at nearby store. As you can see, the recipe uses two steps separately but they will be assembled together. You should prepare the cookies part and filling simultaneously. In general, you may eat cookie without filling but need add more sugar to increase the flavor.
You may find issue when you form the cookies. Make sure to make them in equal size. When the filling is ready, you can mix and match two cookies to be in the same tight sandwich style. Be careful when adding filling into carr’s ginger lemon cremes, especially if it is too smooth.