Making Sweetgreen Chicken Pesto Parm is so possible to be done at home. This way, you do not have to go to that restaurant every time you want to eat the delicious salad. How to make it at home? Follow this recipe down below.
Ingredients for Pesto Parm Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, washed and dried
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup plain-flavored oil, cooled in room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken:
- 1 skinless chicken breast, butterflied
- 3 tablespoons ready-to-use barbecue sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Ingredients for Salad:
- 100 gr rocket leaves, washed
- 100 gr fresh spinach, washed
- 100 gr feta cheese, crumbled to small chunks
- 50 gr parmesan cheese, shaved
- 15 ripe cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 2 ripe avocado, sliced
- To make the vinaigrette, put the basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, oil, and vinegar into a food processor. Blend them all together until they are all well-combined.
- The next step to make the dressing of this Sweetgreen Chicken Pesto Parm recipe is to add in parmesan cheese and blend them together again for a few seconds.
- Pour the vinaigrette into a jar and store it in the fridge to cool.
- To make the grilled chicken, sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Then, spread barbecue sauce on both sides of the chicken breast. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan. Into the sizzling pan, pour in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Then, cook the chicken on it. Each side should take about 3-4 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to poke the center of the chicken breast. When the temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit (75 degrees Celsius), take the chicken out of the pan.
- Let the chicken completely cooled before slicing it or dicing it into smaller pieces (according to your preference).
- To assemble the salad, prepare a large salad bowl. Into the bowl, add in rocket leaves, spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, and avocado slices. Then, sprinkle the feta cheese and parmesan cheese shaving.
- Add the cooked chicken breast on the top of the salad.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette.
- Serve the Sweetgreen Chicken Pesto Parm immediately.
It is very easy, isn’t it to make the salad? Now, you can make Sweetgreen Chicken Pesto Parm at home whenever you feel like having it.