Aretha Frankenstein pancake mix is one of the most famous products in the USA when it comes to ready-to-use premixed pancake powder. With this product, making pancake can be done in just a few minutes. People love the chunky texture and fluffy consistency of the cooked pancake. The dish is just perfect for breakfast.
If you love the pancake mix, too, but you want to make it on your own, you can do it easily. All you need to do is just following this copycat Aretha Frankenstein pancake recipe and you can make the dish out of the fresh ingredients straight from your kitchen. Here is the recipe for you to try:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk, leave in room temperature
- 1 tablespoon oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1 large-sized egg, cracked and beaten
- 1/4 cup wheat-based cereal
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare a large bowl then add in all-purpose flour, wheat cereal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar to the bowl. Mix them all well. Set them aside.
- In another bowl, add in the wet ingredients: buttermilk, oil, and beaten egg. Whisk the ingredients until they are all well-combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredient mix. Stir well to combine them all. Do not over mix the batter because the batter of the Aretha Frankenstein pancake mix SHOULD be lumpy.
- Turn on the stove and heat up a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Use a brush to spread melted butter on the surface of the frying pan.
- When the pan is sizzling hot, pour in the batter (one ladle at a time) until it forms a round pancake. Put on a lid over the pan (translucent lid will be better).
- When bubbles start to appear on the pancake, open the lid and flip the pancake.
- Cook the other side of the pancake until it is fully cooked.
- Serve the pancake with toppings and sauces of your choice.
Now you know exactly how to make your own Aretha Frankenstein pancake mix, you do not to spend money on the boxed pancake mix anymore. It can all be made out of fresh ingredients, which surely are healthier. This is the best way to have a delicious, hearty breakfast every morning.