Whether it is for main or side dish, Mueller’s Mac and Cheese menu to create for dinner can never go wrong. It is an old-fashioned, extra good, everyone’s favorite menu, even for the one who doesn’t really favor pasta.
Here you will read about the Mueller’s mac and cheese recipe with cornstarch instead of flour. You can serve it as mere side dish or as the main entrée. For the optional ingredients as healthy addition to this recipe, add vegetable such as peas, cauliflower, or broccoli.
- 2 cups or 16 oz. of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. or half a pack Mueller’s Elbows pasta
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of dry mustard
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups or 16 oz. whole milk
- Prepare the oven by set the heat on 350°F.
- Place a pot on the stove and cook the Mueller’s Elbows pasta for about 3 minutes. Drain the pasta after it has cooked.
- Using a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter. Add cornstarch, salt, black pepper, and dry mustard into the pan. Mix by stirring them well.
- Pour milk gradually, keep stirring. Cook the mixture constantly until the texture is smooth, and the bubble start to show up.
- While keep stirring, set the stove on medium heat until it boils.
- Turn the heat on low setting. Simmer the mixture while stirring it constantly for a minute.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese gradually; stir until the cheese is truly melted.
- Add the cooked pasta into mixture slowly and mix them lightly.
- Prepare a 2-qt casserole; pour the pasta mix into it.
- Cover the top of casserole dish with croutons.
- Bake the dish uncovered for 25-30 minutes. The inside temperature must reach 165-175°.
Because of the cornstarch instead of flour is used in this Mueller’s Mac and Cheese recipe, you must remember to add the milk really slowly and gradually in order to make not the mixture lumpy. The cornstarch will make the dish softer in texture, so the gooey and creamy texture can be achieved easier.
Mac and Cheese is probably one of the most popular and best loved dishes. It is also considered as comfort food for most people. By serving the dish, you may indulge your family and friends with non-caloric food option. Mueller’s Mac and Cheese also helps as it is so simple to create as quick dinner menu.