The deliciousness of Beecher’s Mac and Cheese has been well-known for ages. The creamy and gooey texture, the complexity and the depth of the flavor, are some of few things that make so many people craving for it. It is also pleasant to know that the Beecher’s Mac and Cheese is free of any preservatives or artificial flavors, so it creates an organic healthy taste.
If you are curious about how to make this perfect dinner dish, here is the Beecher’s Mac and Cheese recipe for you to recreate at home and enjoy with your family or friends.
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter (add more to 4 tsb for extra savor)
- 6 ounces Penne pasta
- 8 ounces (2 cups) of Flagship cheese, divided or grated
- 2 ounces (1/2 cups) of Just Jack cheese, divided or grated
- 2 tbsp. and 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 tbsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tbsp. chili powder
- Dash of teaspoon garlic powder
- First, you need to prepare your oven by heating it to 350°F.
- Cook the Penne pasta, for about two minutes less than what it supposed to according to the direction on the package.
- Heat the saucepan in medium and melt the butter on it to prepare the cheese sauce. Whisk the all-purpose flour in for about two minutes. While whisking the flour, slowly add milk. Continue to whisk and stir for about 10 minutes forward until the cheese sauce start to thicken. Then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the garlic powder, chili powder, and salt to the mix. Then mix in the Flagship cheese and Just Jack cheese. Stir constantly for about three minutes, until all the mixed cheese melted and all the other ingredients are well mixed.
- Lay a bowl, and then combine the previously cooked pasta and the cheese sauce into it. Mix them carefully.
- Prepare a baking dish and scrape the pasta mix into it. On top of the pasta, sprinkle a combination of remaining chili powder and cheese.
- Bake the Beecher’s Mac and Cheese for 20 minutes. After it has cooked, uncovered the pasta and cool it down by let it sit for 5 minutes.
For a little tip, it is best if you use premium cow milk, as it is what the original Beecher recipe is using. The wonderfully creamy, thick, and flavorful cheese sauce is also only work if you use the special Flagship cheese and Just Jack cheese.
The Beecher’s Mac and Cheese has gained the reputation and recognition as the “World’s Best” Mac and Cheese. If you’re feeling fancy, do not hesitate to enjoy the dish with the wine. It surprisingly goes well with it for a nice dinner.