Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers are bombs. Everyone loves the taste of the burger, particularly the patties. This burger is also considered as healthier because it is made out of 100% organic ingredients and it does not have any meat products in it. This is why the burger is a great option for those who do not eat meat as well.
If you think that buying the burger too often will ruin your wallet, you may want to cook it on your own. The recipe is actually very simple to try. Down below, you can find the recipe to make the copycat version of the veggie burger. Here it is.
- 1 can chick peas, drained
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium-sized carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium-sized white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground bell pepper
- 1 medium-sized egg, beaten
- Olive oil
- Burger Buns, toasted
- Mustard, mayonnaise, and ketchup
- Salad or lettuce
- Start making the Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers by using a potato masher to crush the drained chick pea until it becomes mushy. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together shredded carrot, chopped onion, crushed garlic, and flax seed. Mix them well.
- Add in the mashed chick pea and combine them all together until forming shapeable dough.
- Season with cayenne pepper, cumin powder, and curry powder. Mix them well.
- Add the beaten egg, salt, and pepper.
- Add the thawed peas. Do not overmix the dough once the peas are in.
- Shape the dough into patty and set them aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat up olive oil and then cook the veggie patties two to three minutes per side.
- To assemble the burger, arrange the patty over a toasted burger bun. Spread mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup. Then, top it off with salad of your choice or with lettuce.
- Serve with French fries
Instead of finding Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers near me, you can always try to make one on your own. The recipe above is easy to follow and they are quick to make, too. This is why you should always to make the Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers recipe first before buying one.