Delicious meal always comes with the right sauce, and Pomi tomato sauce is the best choice to complete that purpose. Sauce is packed as product that’s ready to serve. You may buy at store and try at home directly. After try several servings, you want to know recipe to make this sauce. Next section will explain how to make the tomato sauce as the same as Pomi.
- 1/4-1.2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 onion, diced finely
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1-2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped or dried
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons or more salt to taste
- 2-2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Pomi Chopped Tomatoes, Two 26-ounce boxes
- Heat large pot and pour olive oil. Add bay leaves, garlic, oregano, onions, and salt. Cook and stir them slowly until the onion is brown and soft. The cooking time is 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and continue stirring for 3-5 minutes.
- Put tomatoes on pot and stir slowly until the sauce is boiled.
- Keep heat at minimum level and simmer for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir sauce every 5-10 minutes to keep the sauce in balance, not stick in the bottom.
- Serve it after you get rid of the bay leaves.
Pomi tomato sauce combines tomato paste and packed tomatoes to create delicious sauce. For tomatoes, you have alternative besides Pomi products. Prepare tomatoes as fresh as possible and chopped finely. The amount of them is equal or more depending on your preference. Pump tomatoes are the best ingredients, but other is also reliable. You should use the best ingredients that can be found in your area.
Based on cooking instructions, each step is not difficult to follow. You can start with large pot then put everything in order. Cook, stir, and simmer are the processes you have to do to make the best Pomi tomato sauce. Initial cooking is 10 minutes to brown the onion. After that, do stirring and simmering simultaneously up to 1 hour.
There is the reason why simmering needs stirring regularly. Tomatoes and paste tends to separate if not in proper boiled. When this thing happens, you will see paste at the top area, and tomatoes at the bottom. If this continues, your sauce will be imbalance, and you should start over from beginning. Stirring takes interval 5-10 minutes, although that range is not fixed. You may stir based on what condition in that pot. While stirring, check the taste and add salt for adjusting. Pepper is also reliable way to boost spicy flavor if you like sauce with that taste for Pomi tomato sauce.