Kozy shack rice pudding is the delicious, irresistible rice pudding that is sweet and creamy, with grains of rice and custard base. It is surprisingly easy to make with short and simple ingredients such as milk, rice, and sugar. To recreate it, use Kozy shack rice pudding recipe below. It is amazingly flavorful and probably is equal, if not better than the in-store rice pudding you can buy in terms of the taste.
- 1 cup of short grained rice
- 2 quarts or cups of whole milk
- 3 yolks of small eggs or 2 yolks of large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of heavy cream, can be replaced by 1/3 cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ spoon of grounded cinnamon, can be replaced by grated nutmeg
- Start the process by putting the whole milk into a larger heavy duty saucepan. Add sugar and the rice into the mix.
- Put the vanilla and the butter into the pan. Use a medium to high heat to cook the ingredients and stir them well. Wait until it boils, then reduce the heat; simmer the mixture without covering it. You need to stir until about an hour, for every ten or fifteen minutes. After an hour, the pudding will look thick and the rice will be soft and tender.
- Whisk the egg yolks lightly in a medium sized bowl while waiting for the pudding to be cooked. Remove the pudding on the pan from the stove. Add the pudding a cup by cup slowly to the eggs, while you’re continuing to whisk. Then put the eggs and pudding mixture back into the pan, add a cup of heavy cream and stir it well.
- Prepare a 13” x 9” baking dish from glass or ceramic. Pour the pudding into it and sprinkle the cinnamon on top of it. Cover the pudding and chill it for 3 hours minimum.
It is recommended to use short grained rice because the long grained will not give similar result as the Kozy shack rice pudding. It’s because the shorter grain rice will help to create a thick consistency of the pudding.
The one hour stirring is the most important step to create the delicious and tasty pudding. Consider using a timer when you stir it for every ten or fifteen minutes. Even though some people will hesitant to use the recipe because of the one hour stirring, the taste will worth the time it takes.
After you chill the pudding, it will develop a layer on top of it. It can be eaten, but you can skim it off to reveal the soft Kozy shack rice pudding underneath if you’d like.