If you love cheese, ina garten baked fontina will become nice menu. This becomes one of the Italian meals to try when you want to have foods made from cheese as the main ingredients. Most of the cheese requires good cooking skills to make it tasty. However, it will happen for the baked fontina. It is easy to make and you will find no problems.
The baked fontina recipe is easy to follow. The fontina cheese will become the main ingredients to create the taste. There will also bread and other seasoning to give richer flavor. If you want to make it as your homemade menu, you can follow these steps.
- 1½ pounds Italian Fontina Val d’Aosta cheese. The rind is removed and the cheese is cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 crusty French baguette
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil, good quality is recommended
- Prepare the broiler and preheat it. Then, set the position of the oven rack. It must be 5 inches from the heat.
- Prepare iron pan. On the pan, spread the fontina cubes evenly. Do not forget to use the olive oil.
- Then, mix the rosemary leaves, thyme leaves, and garlic. After these are mixed well, sprinkle them on the cheese evenly.
- Add also pepper and salt. Then, set the pan below the broiler. It will take around 6 minutes. The indicator will be seen from the cheese. When the cheese has melted and it becomes brown, it is enough.
- After the cheese has melted, move the pan from the oven. Serve the cheese together with the breads.
Combination of baguette and the ina garten baked fontina cheese will give you great taste. The taste is awesome although it only involves some simple steps. In the whole process, you will not find problems since the directions are clear. The ingredients are also listed together with the amounts, so it can provide precise flavor.
The great taste comes from the strong characteristic of fontina cheese. That is why it cannot be replaced by other kinds of cheese. The rosemary and thyme leaves are to give stronger taste. There are also some additional seasonings. These ingredients will be enough for three or four people, so you can have the ina garten baked fontina with your family.