You may wonder about Colleen’s slow cooker jambalaya. The recipe is available to try at home. In general, you cook everything with slow cooker. The main ingredient is chicken alongside sausage, shrimp, and few additional seasonings. To know more about this recipe, read the next sections.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb. sliced Andouille sausage
- 1 can or 28 ounce tomatoes, with juice and diced
- 1 onion, large and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, large and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1-2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. oregano, dried
- 2 tsp. parsley, dried
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Cayenne pepper, 1 tsp.
- 1⁄2 tsp. thyme, dried
- 1 lb. cooked and frozen shrimp, no tails
- Prepare slow cooker.
- Put chicken, tomatoes, onion, sausage, celery, green bell pepper, and broth. Stir them slowly.
- Add seasonings including parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, and thyme.
- Cook and simmer for 6 to 7 hours at low heat. For faster cooking, the cooking time is 3 to 5 at high heat.
- Open cooker at last 30 minutes and stir them. Add shrimp and simmer for the rest for time
From ingredients of Colleen’s slow cooker jambalaya above, you need to prepare chicken breast in cube form. The slice might be smaller or bigger depending on our preference. Cube is easy to blend into cook pot. That’s why most of recipes rely on cube as the base form for chicken breast. If you try sliced mode, the chicken will be thin but cook faster than cube. Your area might not have Andouille sausage. In that case, other sausage is capable to replace. Most seasonings are chopped and dried. You can add more chicken, shrimp, and sauce alongside the extra onion, pepper, and the rest of seasonings for big service.
As you see, cooking instructions for jambalaya slow cooker are straightforward with no complex process. Utensils and tools are easy to find at your kitchen. You only need put everything inside slow cooker then stir and simmer until it’s ready to serve. Preparation takes 20 minutes to check and make sure all seasonings are in proper order. After that, you just wait up to 8 hours until this recipe is ready.
The recipe is flexible enough to modify in order to fit your preference. Besides chicken, some people try turkey, even meat. As long as the ingredients are similar, Colleen’s slow cooker jambalaya will look delicious.