Although controversial, many people are enjoying cannabutter peanut butter cookies. These cookies are unlike the regular cookies. They contain cannabis or marijuana. This substance is illegal in many regions because it has psychoactive characteristics. When used as ingredient for cookies, though, it can elevate the joy of eating. Follow this recipe to make some tasty cookies.
- A cup of flour. You can use oat to replace it if you plan on making healthy cannabutter oatmeal peanut butter cookies
- A cup of peanut butter, crunchy or soft depending on preference
- ½ cup cannabis infused butter (cannabutter)
- ½ white sugar
- ½ light brown sugar
- An egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A teaspoon good quality sea salt, half for the batter and the other half for finishing
- Lightly grease two baking sheets and put them aside.
- Preheat oven at 350ºF (177ºC).
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, white sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Make sure that they are mixed well.
- Stir peanut butter, cannabutter, egg, vegetable shortening, and vanilla extract in another bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
- Scoop the batter onto baking sheets while trying to make sure each cookie is around a tablespoon portion. Press each cookie with fork twice, creating crisscross shape on top.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sea salt for added flavor.
- Bake the cannabutter peanut butter cookies for about ten to twelve minutes until you can see cracks on top.
- Let it cool before serving. This recipe will yield about 24 cookies.
Cannabis infused butter is a necessary ingredient in this recipe. If you can obtain marijuana legally in the region, making this special butter at home is highly possible. There are only two ingredients required for it: butter and ground cannabis. For every cup of butter, seven to ten grams of grounded and decarboxylated cannabis should be added. The butter should be almost melted when cannabis is incorporated. The cannabis must be strained from the butter before it solidifies.
When you are making these cookies at home, they will be received well. Just pay attention not to let children and elders eating it. Try out this cannabutter peanut butter cookies recipe at your own risk.