Bon Appetit Pad Thai is a copycat recipe for every one of you who misses Asian cuisine. Pad Thai itself is a special dish from Thailand, the heaven of good food. This dish mainly consists of rice noodles combined with complements such as shrimp, peanuts, vegetables, and others. It tastes so chunky and satisfying that you will crave for more in other days. Make your own Pad Thai by learning from this copycat recipe.
- 1 large egg
- 5 ounces rice noodles (pad Thai)
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 shrimps, medium size, peeled
- 2 tbsp. pressed tofu, sliced
- 1 tbsp. shredded radish
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 ½ tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 5 tbsp. tamarind water
- 1 ½ tbsp. simple syrup
- ½ tsp Thai chilies, ground dried
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 tbsp. crushed roasted peanuts
- To begin cooking Bon Appetit Pad Thai, prepare a large bowl. Place rice noodles in the bowl and pour hot water until fully covered. Soak until tender for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add egg, stir for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook until cooked for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add tofu and radish, cook for another 30 seconds. Add rice noodles and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sprouts, stir in. Add tamarind water, simple syrup, fish sauce, then stir-fry until the sauce is absorbed by noodles. After the noodles are coated, add chopped garlic. Add dried chilies and peanuts chunk. Toss or stir well.
- Pad Thai is ready to serve. Garnish with lime wedge, ground chilies, and peanuts.
Bon Appetit Pad Thai recipe is quite tricky but generally it is simple. To finish cooking, you need approximately 30 minutes of cooking time. The recipe will yield 2 servings with generous portion. Pad Thai is a satisfying main course which is perfect either for lunch or dinner. If you have ever tasted this recipe, you will cook it over and over again.
The typical Asian taste is so mouthwatering that will remind you of its original country. The soft rice noodle melts down on your mouth. The texture coming from peanut chunks gives unique taste that you will never forget. The chewy and fresh shrimp will indulge your tongue even more. You may also substitute the shrimp with chicken breast in case you do not really like seafood. So, make your own Bon Appetit Pad Thai and feel the Asian atmosphere.