Bison steak marinade sounds ridiculous to you, but in fact it serves healthier diet than beef or pork. You might never imagine of having bison meat on your dinner table. But, you should try after reading this recipe. The truth, bison meat is healthy because it contains less fat as well as fewer calories. If you are on a calorie diet program, this should be on your list. Even though cooking bison could be a little bit tricky, the result is worth all the effort.
- 2 bison sirloin steaks
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and onion powder for marinade.
- Prepare a shallow dish and add bison steaks. Pour the marinade mixture and rub evenly. Cover the steaks and bring to fridge for approximately 6 hours.
- Preheat oven, set to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Take the steaks from the fridge, place on to baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, rest the steak for around 5 minutes before serving.
This bison steak marinade recipe requires 30 minutes of cooking time with 15 minutes of preparation time. The recipe yields 2 servings, suitable for couple. Either you want to serve something special on dinner or for ordinary days, bison steak marinade will be a good option. Not only is this recipe easy to cook, but also it contains high nutrition. Even though you are on diet, it is not a matter.
The American main course contains 320 calories per serving. It also contains 10 grams carbohydrate, 52 grams protein, 2 grams saturated fat, 5 grams fat, 161 mg cholesterol, 6 grams sugar, and other nutrition such as potassium, sodium, calcium, and iron. It is clear enough that bison steak marinade is a complete whole dish for you and your family.
As mentioned, cooking bison can be a little bit tricky. However, it does not mean people with less cooking skill should avoid this recipe. You can learn to cook bison before really resulting the best one. You should know that the meat is lean that it will be faster to cook. Furthermore, keep your eyes on the meat to avoid overcooking. The meat will be very touch if it is overcooked. When cooking bison steak marinade, you should keep it rare or medium for soft meat.