Banana pudding cake Trisha Yearwood becomes favorite recipe. Before cooking, you need to complete ingredients and prepare utensils. The baking takes long time for more than 1 hour. Furthermore, the recipe consists of pudding and filling. Next section will explain cooking instructions step by step.
- All-purpose flour, for dusting the pans
- 3 – 4 ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 cup unsalted and softened butter
- 2 – 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 – 4 large eggs
- Vanilla wafers, 0ne 11-ounce box and crushed
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons
- 2 – 3 eggs
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon
- Cornstarch, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, a pinch
- Milk, 1 cup
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar, sprinkling
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Prepare the cake pans and add nonstick cooking spray. Put aside.
- Use small bowl to mash the banana and add lemon juice. Stir and mix them.
- In new bowl, mix butter and sugar until they look fluffy. Add beaten eggs one by one and vanilla. Pour buttermilk and put banana mixture. Stir and mix them then add a little bit vanilla.
- Bake this mixture in two pans and separate to reduce temperature. Use toothpick to ensure the texture is right.
- For filling, separate egg yolk and discard the white one. In pan, whisk sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt. Combine them until completely mixed.
- Mix egg yolks and milk then cook at medium heat. After that, put it together with previous filling.
- Wrap pudding and bake for the next one hour.
- Use sugar as sprinkling at top pudding.
Well, check again each ingredient you want to purchase for banana pudding cake Trisha Yearwood. The recipe uses granulated sugar, but you are free to replace with similar things. Brown sugar or honey is other options to sweeten this pudding. Vanilla extract is important and you might need more for this banana pudding recipe.
Filling is prepared after the pudding is half-baked. You should mix all ingredients for this part then pour and spread between pudding layers. If you do not have much experience, one filling layer is enough for beginner. It is quite difficult to prepare multilayer banana pudding. Filling thickness depends on how much you want to keep pudding in firm texture. More filling means the banana pudding cake Trisha Yearwood will look softer and smoother.