Apple crisp recipe Paula Deen is considered to be the best one. If you love apple crisp, you’ve got to try the one made by Paula Deen. This celebrity chef has created a really scrumptious apple crisp recipe that’s perfect for dessert. You can serve the dish with anything, starting from chocolate sauce to ice cream.
Making apple crisp is not something hard to try, especially if you follow Paula Deen recipe. It has the list of ingredients you need as well as the clear cooking instruction. Surely, this one is the best apple crisp recipe you can try. Here is the detailed recipe of this dessert.
- 15 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dried raisins
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder or freshly ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 tablespoon unflavored vegetable oil
- To make apple crisp recipe Paula Deen, start the process by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- Prepare a bowl. In it, combine apple slices, dried raisins, white sugar, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest. Mix well.
- Prepare another bowl; add in the softened butter, all-purpose flour, oats, brown sugar, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, and the rest of lemon zest. Stir everything together until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Prepare a 9-inch square baking pan. Grease the pan with vegetable oil. If you have cooking spray, you can use it as well.
- Spread the apple mixture evenly in the pan.
- Top the apple mixture with the butter and flour mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the topping is brown and crispy.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Paula Deen has created lots of great recipes for you to try. However, if you have sweet tooth and love apple in particular, this apple crisp recipe is simply mandatory. It will give you sweet and tangy dessert that ends your dinner with delight. The best thing of all is the fact that this apple crisp recipe Paula Deen is very easy to make at home.