Sugar cookie recipe without eggs might be the great snack choice for those who opt into a vegetarian lifestyle. As we have noticed, eggs are coming from the chickens and how many chickens that should be sacrificed in order to fulfil human needs? From this consideration, lots of people start practicing vegetarian lifestyle. Furthermore, by becoming a vegetarian, we indirectly save our environment. However, are the eggless milkless sugar cookies delicious as the original ones? Let’s see!
- 6 ounces softened and unsalted butter
- 2/3 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- 24 ounces all purpose flour
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- Baking powder, ½ tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Firstly, mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the salt and mix them again until they are well blended.
- Blend the butter and sugar with a stand mixer on a moderate speed for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the cream cheese and vanilla extract to the mixture. Beat them again until they are mixed perfectly.
- Slowly decrease the speed of the mixer and pour the mixture of flour until the dough is formed.
- Move the dough to the light-floured surface.
- After that, divide the dough into two parts.
- Turn the dough into a disk form.
- Then, chill the dough for two hours.
- Next, heat the oven to 177oC.
- Put the dough on the slightly floured place.
- Roll the dough and shape them into any desired shape.
- Place the cookies with the distance of 1 inch on a baking sheet.
- Chill the cookies for 15 minutes.
- Next, bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes.
- Let the dough sit for 2 minutes, then, keep them in cool and dry container.
You should not worry about the taste because this sugar cookie recipe without eggs is absolutely tasty as the original. The advantage is, the cookies are healthier as they do not include eggs or even milk in the ingredients. It is ideal for people who have an allergy issue with eggs or milk. Besides, the vegetarians can have a delicious snack alternative to be enjoyed.
For your information, the cookies can support your healthy lifestyle too. Just try the recipe and you will know the difference. Finally, let’s save the earth by practicing sugar cookie recipe without eggs!