Spiked eggnog recipe is often sought when Holiday season is coming soon. Eggnog is indeed the classic beverage to celebrate Christmas and year-end holiday. This delicious, creamy beverage is usually made of the mixture of egg and cream. However, if you like to spike things up, just add liquor to the beverage; just make sure that kids don’t have access to the spiked eggnog though.
Making spike eggnog is as easy as making the classic one. All you need to do is basically mixing all ingredients together. If you have never made eggnog with additional liquor in it, here is the easy eggnog recipe that will help you celebrate the holiday even better.
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 8 medium-sized eggs
- 1 cup Rum
- 1 cup Bourbon
- ½ cup Brandy
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- You can start making the spiked eggnog recipe by separating the eggs. Transfer the egg yolks into a mixing bowl and the whites into another mixing bowl.
- Prepare a stand mixer. Beat the egg yolks on high speed for 8-10 minutes until it becomes thick and cream-colored.
- Lower the speed and add in salt and sugar.
- After the sugar and salt are completely dissolved in the egg yolk mixture, gradually add the liquor. Start by adding the rum, followed by bourbon and brandy.
- Add in the heavy cream and whipping cream all together into the mixture. Keep beating the mixture until everything is well-combined. Set it aside.
- Whip the egg whites until it forms soft peaks. Turn off the mixer. Using a spatula, fold the egg white fluff into the egg yolk mixture. Store the mixture into the fridge until the time to serve.
- Before serving, add in the nutmeg and stir well.
The best thing about eggnog is that it can be served both as hot or cold beverage. If you want to serve it hot, heat it up before serving and transfer to a serving cup. You can top it off with some marshmallow or more nutmeg sprinkles. Meanwhile, if you want to serve it cold, use some whipped cream as topping and put some cherries or grated chocolate on top. This spiked eggnog recipe is certainly going to be the star of the party.