Snickerdoodle recipe without cream of tartar is easy to follow. You won’t be confused to follow every step of making the snickerdoodle, really. As you might know, these cookies are old-fashioned snickerdoodles. It is chewy and sweet. In this recipe, you will know that making batter is not hard. It is very basic that you can make it from scratch. Additionally, this recipe does not use shortening since the taste coming from pure butter is good already. Let’s take a look at the recipe right away.
- 370 grams of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 300 grams granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 230 grams of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, go with the pure one
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 50 grams of granulated sugar (it is for making the coating)
- Prepare a medium bowl for this easy snickerdoodle recipe. Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift them together and set aside.
- Now, use a stand mixer then add the butter and sugar in it. Start beating the ingredients over medium speed for about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat them until fluffy and light. Carefully add all eggs and continue to beat them. Add vanilla extract and beat it again.
- Next, add the flour mixture. Beat them over low speed. Just beat until combined and do not over beat them.
- Check whether the dough is soft. Later, place it in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. The dough should be firm at that moment. This step will give thicker cookies.
- The next step in the snickerdoodle recipe without cream of tartar is to preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare 2 pans.
- In order to make the coating, simply toss together 50 grams of sugar and cinnamon.
- Go back to the dough. You must to shape them into cookies. If it is done, place them inside the oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- After baking them, let it sit for about 10 minutes. They are ready to be stored in a jar or container.
As you can see in the recipe, there is no cream of tartar used. It has been substituted by another ingredient. It’s baking powder. Yes, it is true that it can substitute the cream of tartar. So, that’s all that can be shared regarding snickerdoodle recipe without cream of tartar.