Ree Drummond sloppy joe recipe is a main course that everyone will fall in love with. Why is that? It is deadly delicious. The flavors are very rich. Although the ingredients are many, the result will be worth to eat. If you haven’t tried this one, you better try to cook it by now. Take a look at the recipe below to help making the sloppy joes.
- 2 ½ pounds of ground beef
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 ½ cups of ketchup
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp of red pepper flakes
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce, Tabasco for example
- ½ diced large onion
- 5 minced cloves garlic
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 8 Kaiser rolls
- Salt and pepper
- Salad or chips for serving
- To begin this Ree Drummond sloppy joe recipe, prepare a large pot. Start by melting butter. Then, cook the ground beef. Over medium to high heat, cook the meat until brown. Once you get the perfect meat, drain off the beef’s fat. Discard it.
- Next, add the garlic, onions, and green bell pepper. Cook them for a few minutes only. Wait until the veggies get soften.
- Now add 1 cup water, hot sauce, chili powder, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, ketchup, and dry mustard. Stir them thoroughly. Again, add the Worcestershire, salt and pepper as well. Stir them and cover the pot. Boil them for about 20 minutes. Do not forget to taste it and adjust the seasoning as you wish.
- Next in this easy sloppy joe recipe is to prepare a skillet. Melt some butter and spread the rolls on the skillet. Brown them as desired.
- Now you can put the meat mixture on the bottom roll and cover it with another roll. You can serve it with salad, chips or others.
The recipe above does not need any specific or difficult technique, so you are able to make it for sure. As mentioned before it will be worth every ingredient you use. In total, you will need 45 minutes to make the sloppy joe. The taste is great and you will want to add more and more. Moreover, this Ree Drummond sloppy joe recipe is for 8 servings, so you can make it for your family.