You might wonder how to make Potbelly sugar cookie recipe. This brand has special recipe that brings cookie into different level. People like it and start lining up to buy at the store. Well, it is time to try this recipe that looks and tastes similar to the real one.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted partially
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- Bowl of sugar for dipping
- Use small bowl to mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. They will be dry mixture.
- In large bowl, mix melted butter and sugar. Stir them slowly then add vanilla.
- Put dry mixture into sugar-butter cream then stir them. Be careful not to whisk hardly in order to create sandy texture.
- Take small portion of dough and create ball shape. After that, dip them into bowl of sugar.
- Prepare baking try and put all ball-shape dough in it. Bake for 8-9 minutes at 375 degree.
- Take cookie from tray and let the temperature goes down.
The ingredients for Potbelly sugar cookie recipe are easy to find and prepare. The main ones are sugar and flour. You also need baking soda and powder, including vanilla and butter. Keep the butter at partially melted because it affects dough’s texture. You also need additional sugar in small bowl for dipping. It is not part of mixture, but to create sugar texture at outer cookies.
Potbelly cookies recipe is easy to make and you only need at least 30 minutes. Baking is only less than ten minutes. When you take cookies off from baking try, it will be very soft and easily disfigured. Do not worry about that thing because you did not overcooked cookie. On contrary, it is perfect texture as you will get hard form at outside with soft one inside cookie. Make sure to wait until the temperature is completely low to harden this soft part.
This recipe is enough to make 24-30 cookies. Actually, it depends on size you create when forming the dough into ball shape. The small size means more cookies and vice versa. You can make this cookie for daily snack, breakfast, or special occasion. Furthermore, potbelly sugar cookie recipe is capable to put in fridge for the next day.