Everyone needs to know pizza dough recipe with yeast. Making homemade pizza is totally better than buying one. You can be creative and the pizza will taste way more appetizing for sure. If you think that making pizza dough is difficult, actually it’s very easy. All you need to do is following this recipe below and you will end up with delicious pizza dough ready to bake.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus 3-4 tablespoons for dusting
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus 1-2 tablespoons for coating the bowl
- To start making pizza dough recipe with yeast, you need to activate the yeast. In a small bowl, combine warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes until foamy bubbles are formed. It indicates that the yeast is now active.
- Prepare a large bowl. Into the bowl, combine flour and salt. Mix it well until the two ingredients are well-combined.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mix. Into the well, pour the yeast mixture and olive oil. Use a spoon to mix all ingredients in bowl until everything is well-combined.
- Finish the dough by bringing it together using your hand. Once the dough is no longer sticking to fingers, it is ready for the next step.
- Prepare a clean surface for kneading. Dust it with a little bit of flour. Transfer the dough into surface and knead it for 10 minutes until it is elastic and smooth.
- Prepare an even larger bowl. Coat it with olive oil. Place the dough into bowl and cover it up with plastic wrap.
- Place the bowl in warm place to raise the dough. This basic pizza dough recipe needs you to leave the dough for at least 1 hour.
- After an hour, the dough should be double in size. Take it out of bowl and knead it one more time before shaping it and putting toppings.
This fool-proof recipe to make pizza dough is absolutely easy and you can make it effortlessly. After you have mastered the art of making the dough, just make as many pizzas as you want. You can get anything on top and make signature pizza on your own. All starts by understanding how to make the right pizza dough recipe with yeast.