If you miss cookies made by your grandma, old fashioned hermit cookies recipe can be good idea. This recipe will show how to make the hermit cookies for the great taste and texture as what you find in your childhood. Let’s follow the steps and ingredients below.
- 14 cup of butter, softened
- 1 large size of egg
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup of coffee
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1¾ cups or 8 ounces of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups of chopped dates
- ½ cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
- Dash ground cloves
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Heat your oven to 375 degree of Fahrenheit.
- Prepare cookie sheet and use parchment paper. If you do not have the paper, grease the sheet lightly.
- Place all spices, flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl then mix them well. Set it aside.
- Use the mixing bowl and place shortening, brown sugar, and butter, Use electric mixer to mix them until these are fluffy enough.
- Add coffee and egg on the mixture and blend them again in lower speed.
- Once those are combined well, add the mixture of flour and blend them together.
- Add the dates or nuts on dough.
- Use teaspoon or scoop to take the dough and place it on cookie sheets.
- After that, bake them in oven that has been preheated. This will take around 8 up to 10 minutes.
- Take cookies once those are done and rest them.
- The cookies are ready to serve.
Well, there has been complete information about its measurement and other details, so there will be no problems in making old fashioned hermit cookies recipe.
This can be best old fashioned hermit cookies recipe to try. In this case, you can replace the dates with raisins. Even, it is possible to choose both of them to get richer flavor. You can also have variations of nuts. It depends on your preference.
When you find that there is still remaining dough, you can free it. Before that, wrap the dough with freezer bag. By freezing it, it is possible to make other cookies in the future. You only need to take the dough and leave it in room temperature for around 45 minutes, so it can be defrosted. After that, just follow the old fashioned hermit cookies recipe above.