You can have ihop pancake recipe without buttermilk at home. In order to replace buttermilk, use the mixture between milk and vinegar. The taste might be a little bit different, but it does not change the entire pancake flavor. This pancake is not exactly what you get from ihop, but it’s quite similar. People like to have pancake when visiting ihop, despite other menus seem delicious. If you wonder how to make it, try the recipe below at home.
- 1 1/5 – 2 flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Salt, a pinch
- 1 cup milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Stir them until they blend completely. Put aside.
- In new bowl, mix milk and egg then whisk and stir. Put aside for a moment.
- Use new bowl to mix sugar and melted butter.
- Combine egg and sugar mixture, pour slowly into flour mixture.
- Stir and whisk until they blend to make soft dough.
- Put them into cooking tray and cook at medium heat. Wait until pancake creates bubble at the top and flip them.
- The cooking is done.
Buttermilk seems to be the key when making pancake. In cooking, the ingredients consist of primary and additional ones. You cannot replace primary ingredients because the recipe uses it as basis. On the other side, additional ingredient is optional to replace in ihop pancake recipe without buttermilk. Milk and vinegar gives delicate flavor that’s similar to buttermilk.
The delicious pancake recipe above is only for 4 servings. You need more flour, sugar, egg, baking soda powder, and the rest of ingredients if you intend to serve more people. You can replace sugar with honey as natural sweetener. It might create different texture on dough, but the taste is relative stable. Put more salt to balance the sweet and plain flavor.
Well, it takes ten to fifteen minutes for preparation before putting into cooking tray. You should wait at least five minutes at medium heat in order to bake the entire dough. Make sure to check regularly because pancake should be in subtle texture, not hard like cookies. Do not forget to flip when the top of pancake starts to make bubble. Now, your ihop pancake recipe without buttermilk is ready to be served.