Icing for cookies that hardens recipe is thrown on the internet. You can easily find many recipes about it. The icing will make the cookies fabulous. Many people think it is hard to make icing. Yet, it is not true at all since you can make ones even though you are not an artist. In order to help you out making the icing, here is an easy royal icing recipe as reference.
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp meringue powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Food coloring
- To make royal icing for sugar cookies, prepare a large bowl and mixer (or use a stand mixer if you have any). Powdered sugar and meringue powder should be whisked together in the bowl. Right after that, slowly add the vanilla and also water. Run the mixer on medium to low speed. Increase the speed step by step for about 7 to 10 minutes. Note: it takes more minutes when hand mixer is used.
- Prepare several bowls depending on how many colors you want to make. Divide the white icing made before into each bowl.
- Now give color to each white icing. Add the food coloring just a few drops. Mixing it well until the expected shades show up.
- One thing to be remembered when making icing for cookies that hardens recipe is to consider the consistency. If the consistency is not right enough, try to thin it by adding 1 tsp of water and stir it well. Check the consistency until reaching what you expected.
- When it is done, put it into a piping bag. Each piping bag is for each colored royal icing.
- Start making a line on the edge of cookies, and later, filling in the middle. Dry cooking for about 6 to 8 hours before adding decorations or layers.
What you have read above can be used for 24 cookies. It is quite a lot, right? They will be enough to decorate a lot of cookies. If you want to decorate more, simply add more ingredients.
As the tips to save wasted piping bag, it is best to use plastic wrap first. You can insert it into a piping bag once you need it and easily discard it when no longer used. Hope it useful and you also like this icing for cookies that hardens recipe.