Everyone knows that Georgetown Cupcake frosting recipe is going to turn an ordinary cupcake into a delightful one. Indeed, Georgetown Cupcake is probably the most well-known place across USA to get the delicious cupcakes. This DC-based store has over 50 kinds of cupcake, along with tasty frostings to sell every day.
If you live far away from Washington DC but want to taste the infamous Georgetown Cupcake frosting, you can always try to make one on your own. All you need to do is baking some cupcakes and top it off with the Georgetown Cupcake chocolate frosting recipe. The result will simply blow your mind away. Here is the recipe for you.
- ¾ cup evaporated milk, rest at room temperature
- 12 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cup powdered sugar / icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cup semisweet chocolate, chopped roughly
- To start making this Georgetown Cupcake frosting recipe, place the chopped chocolate into microwave-safe bowl and put it into microwave for 30 seconds (stir halfway). Mix well until the chocolate is completely melted. Set it aside to cool down.
- Prepare a stand mixer along with the bowl. Into the mixing bowl, combine the butter, icing sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Use high speed to mix them all together until they are fluffy, light, and airy. It usually takes 5-7 minutes.
- Then, reduce the speed of mixer to low and add in the melted chocolate (make sure the chocolate is completely cooled down to room temperature). Mix until everything is well-incorporated.
- Just transfer the frosting into piping bag and it is ready to frost your cupcakes.
For your information, this frosting recipe goes so well with vanilla cupcake. However, you can also use any flavored cupcakes, such as chocolate, lemon, or even red velvet cupcake. The smooth texture of the frosting and its subtle sweetness will complement the cupcake so well, turning it into a mouthwatering dessert.
If you do not like chocolate, you can change this recipe into other flavored frosting. Simply replace the melted chocolate with cream cheese to turn it into cream cheese frosting. As an alternative, replace the chocolate with lemon curd to turn it into lemon-flavored frosting for the cupcake. It all depends on your preference. Well, this Georgetown Cupcake frosting recipe is indeed a versatile one.