Tofu becomes good ingredients to replace meats and there are many references of extra firm tofu recipes. There are many types of tofu, and extra firm one is quite popular since it has better texture and it is easy to make it into delicious menus. As reference of menu with tofu, marinated tofu can be easy yet tasty idea to try.
- 275 grams of extra firm tofu, diced
- 2 tablespoons of tamari. This can be replaced by soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- Mix tamari, water, syrup, garlic and cayenne powder, and vinegar. This will be marinade ingredients and you must mix them well, so they are fully combined.
- After the marinade ingredients are ready, add tofu and marinate it. Cover the tofu and refrigerate for around 15 minutes.
- When it is done, use frying pan to sauté the tofu. Do it until it turns golden brown. It is possible to add oil, but it depends on personal preference.
- Use the liquid of marinade together with cornstarch and mix them.
- Pour the mixture on frying pan together with tofu and cook them until the liquid thickens.
- It is ready to serve
In serving marinated extra firm tofu, you can add chives. This will be part of garnish, but it is just optional. Having no chives will not bring big differences in taste. It is also similar in the use of virgin olive oil in sauté the tofu. Just add it to get the richer taste.
In estimation, extra firm tofu recipes can be made in around 20 minutes. This is not long duration to cook special dish for your family. This can be good menu whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you want to get stronger taste of tofu, place it in refrigerator longer. Ideally, it only needs around 15 minutes. When you place it longer, the taste can be stronger and it is optional to do depending on your personal preference.
Based on those steps, you will not find difficulties in making this menu. The steps are simple and all ingredients can also be found easily. Although tofu is usually menu for vegetarian, it is also possible to add meats or beefs in the extra firm tofu recipes when you want.