Coleslaw recipe with apple cider vinegar is a great recipe, especially if you add mayo in it. You might know that cabbage is important to make coleslaw. There are various cabbages that you can go with, such as Napa cabbage, savoy cabbage, red cabbage, or green cabbage. If you want to get a multi colored coleslaw, just combine two varieties. Moreover, if you are wondering on how to make this coleslaw, here is the recipe for you.
- 1 medium-sized cabbage
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 medium-sized carrots, you have to peel and shred them
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup or 170 grams mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard, you can also pick coarse ground mustard
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- Prepare a large bowl.
- To begin making Coleslaw recipe with apple cider vinegar, you have to shred the cabbage first. Try to quarter it through the core and cut it out. Shred each quarter finely.
- Next, shred the parsley and carrot. Once you have done, toss them in the bowl and mix carefully.
- Bring another bowl and make the dressing. Stir the mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, pepper, and celery seeds. While mixing those ingredients, taste the seasoning and acidity to adjust your preference.
- To finish coleslaw recipe vinegar, now pour the dressing into large bowl containing the veggies.
- It is ready to eat right away or you can place it first in the refrigerator to get a perfect taste. It needs an hour only and the flavors will mingle finely.
The recipe above is made for 10 servings. You can surely make this when a large gathering is held, or simply when all of your family gathers around. Sugar is not used in this recipe since the cabbage and carrot has given sweet flavor. Yet, you can add sugar into the dressing if you do not think it is sweet enough.
If you are going to have a big portion of this coleslaw, it is best to make them in advance. You can start to shred the veggies one or two day before the serving. As for the dressing, start to make it one week ahead and let it sit in the refrigerator with the shredded veggies. That is all and enjoys this Coleslaw recipe with apple cider vinegar.