In fact, everyone must be familiar with chicken-based recipes, especially chicken drumstick slow cooker recipes. It is chicken drumsticks that are cooked for around 12 hours. These drumsticks are also accompanied with lots of spices that will boost the taste. Actually, you can use the whole chicken, but drumsticks are the most preferable part to be cooked with this method. Do you want to spice up your meal? Let’s create this spiced chicken drumstick right now.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 64 ounces skinned chicken drumstick
- ½ ounce paprika, smoked
- ¼ ounce salt
- ½ ounce chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of thyme leaf
- 1/3 cup of honey
- ¼ ounce brown sugar
- 1 ounce ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- Garlic powder, ½ tsp
- Black pepper, ½ tsp
- Onion powder, 1 teaspoon
- For the first step, put the salt and the other herbs into small bowl then mix them.
- After that, top each part of chicken with the mixture of spice that you have made previously.
- Prepare a re-sealable plastic bag.
- Then, seal the chicken with the re-sealable plastic bag.
- Place the sealed chicken in a baking pan.
- Refrigerate the chicken for one night.
- On the next day, prepare a non-sticky cooking spray.
- Spray the slow cooker with this spray.
- Next, put the onions into the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by chicken on the top of the onions.
- To make the sauce, mix honey, ketchup, and brown sugar in another small bowl.
- Just pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Put the lid on the top of slow cooker, and then let the chicken cooked for 8-12 hours. Please ensure that the temperature is always on 74oC.
- Finally, you can enjoy the healthy chicken drumstick slow cooker recipes!
Chicken drumstick slow cooker recipes can be considered as the healthy recipes because the main ingredient, chicken, is the source of protein and Natrium. Moreover, the herbs and spices that are used also contain lots of beneficial nutrition, for example chili powder and garlic. In addition, since the chicken drumsticks are slow cooked, they become way even healthier.
Lastly, you should ensure that you have set the right temperature for the dish. Hopefully, the chicken drumstick slow cooker recipes can make your dining session even merrier.