Butterball turkey recipe has several options for turkey as the key ingredient. Instead of baking and roasting, you can add gravy and stuffing. This recipe consists of three sections. Firstly, prepare stuffing to put inside the turkey body. Secondly, combine stuffing and bake the turkey. For the last part, pour gravy on turkey directly.
- 12 ounces the slices of Turkey Bacon BUTTERBALL®, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 4 cups onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup dried apples, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, and toasted
- 1 package cornbread stuffing crumbs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup apple jelly and juice
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 BUTTERBALL® Fresh or Frozen Turkey
- ¼ cup vinegar, white balsamic
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans chicken broth
- Prepare oven at 350F. Cook turkey bacon until crisp and drain it using paper towels. Keep drippings in skillet then add celery and onion. Cook them until look tender.
- Mix turkey bacon, onion, apples, thyme, sage, and pecans. Put crumbs, butter and broth. Take seven cops of stuffing and put aside. Spoon remaining to the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- For turkey, preheat oven at 325 F. Combine juice, jelly, honey, vinegar, and salt in the same saucepan. Boil and simmer them to get only one cup.
- Remove giblets from turkey body. Refrigerate and drain it.
- Fill turkey with stuffing and spread cooking spray.
- Brush turkey with glaze mixture and add drumstick to cover the breast.
- Bake turkey for 2 hours and uncover it then spread graze mixture again. Keep it up to fifteen minutes.
- For gravy, mix flour, water, and broth. Boil and simmer them until thickened, then pour it into turkey.
In fact, turkey is delicious food if you can to cook it well. However, many people have no idea about how to cook a turkey. Preparing the fresh and raw turkey will take time until it’s ready to cook. You can buy it directly at store to save time and effort during preparation in making butterball turkey recipe.
The instruction seems complicated because it takes three steps. You do not have to worry as each step is quite similar without complex cooking process. You only need to mix, stir, combine, fry, bake, and pour. All of them are what you need to do in making butterball turkey recipe with gravy and stuffing.