Bennigans Monte Cristo Sandwich is the perfect choice for you who prefer something meaty for breakfast. While the sandwich can be considered light, it can serve enough calories for a day. The average amount of Bennigans Monte Cristo Sandwich calories is approximately 1120 calories. Obviously, with that number, it provides the energy that you need for a half day before lunch. Read below for details of ingredients and instructions.
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- ½ tbsp. of salt
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 1 to 1 ¼ cups of water
- Vegetable oil
- 9 slices of wheat bread
- 3 slices of cooked ham
- 3 slices of Swiss cheese
- 3 slices of American cheese
- 3 slices of cooked turkey
- To make Bennigans Monte Cristo Sandwich, let’s start with the sandwich first. Place a slice of Swiss cheese and cooked turkey on one side of the bread. Take another slice of bread and put the American cheese and cooked ham on top of it.
- Now, what you need to do is to put a slice of bread in between the first and the second bread.
- Secure the sandwich using a toothpick.
- Do it for another round until your ingredients are all used. Set them aside.
- Prepare your mixing bowl and add egg and water into it. Beat them together, thoroughly.
- Add sugar, flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture and beat them to a smooth batter.
- The next thing you need to do is dip your prepared sandwiches into the batter.
- Dip them in a way that the batter covers all sides of the sandwiches.
- Heat your pan and fill them with vegetable oil.
- Once it hot, fry those sandwiches in a hot oil until they turn gold in color.
- After they do, remove them from the pan and cool them off for a couple of minutes before trying to remove the toothpicks.
- You can serve them with slicing them into four (this makes it way easier for you to eat)
- Sprinkle those slices with sugar.
This has been Bennigans Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe. Easy and yummy is just about right to fill your tummy. If you have slices of turkey and ham in your fridge, don’t hesitate to try this recipe for breakfast. This Bennigans Monte Cristo Sandwich may use sugar for the sandwich topping, but no one forbid you to replace it with Raspberry jam.