Wendy’s Premium Cod Sandwich is a well-known menu in the fast food chain restaurant. Many people are comparing this sandwich with other fish fillet sandwiches. To certain groups, it still comes on top. You can actually distinguish the fresh taste of cod while eating this sandwich.
Good news, you can now enjoy the fish sandwich without having to go to Wendys. Follow this easy recipe to enjoy delicious cod sandwich fresh from your own kitchen.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon grounded red pepper
- A tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons powdered garlic
- 2 teaspoons powdered onion
- An egg, softly beaten
- A cup bread crumbs, Panko is a great choice for this Wendy’s Premium Cod Sandwich version
- 4 fillets cod fish, 4 to six ounces per portion
- A tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cooking spray or oil
- 4 burger buns, toasted with butter
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sauce of your preference
- Prepare a bowl. Beat your egg gently without incorporating too much air and add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- In a large container with narrow surface, prepare the dredging. Combine all-purpose flour, salt, pepper, as well as powdered garlic and onion.
- In another container mix bread crumbs, smoked paprika, and grounded red pepper thoroughly.
- Make sure that your cod fillets are in room temperature. Pat the surface dry with paper towel so your flour will stick on entire surface.
- Dredge cod fillets in flour mixture.
- Place fillets in egg and lemon juice mixture so each part is coated evenly.
- Move fillets to bread crumbs mixture and make sure that every part is coated with the mixture.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or neutral oil. Place your fillets on the baking sheet.
- Bake fish at 375ºF for about thirty minutes until they are golden brown. Flip them over halfway through baking time.
- Serve with toasted buns, lettuce, and sauce. If you want to elevate it to the best fish sandwich in the world, you can try whipping a mean tartar sauce on the side.
The recipe will yield four serving. It would be a nice dish to be served on family or small friends circle dinner. The sandwich will be able to fill you up. You should try this version of Wendy’s Premium Cod Sandwich.