People think of Schlotzsky’s Deluxe Original Style Sandwich dearly. It has fresh veggies, three types of cheeses, and meat. The restaurants signature sauce and sourdough bun are also present in the sandwich. While the original style is great, the amount of meat is doubled in this particular sandwich. When you are reading Schlotzsky’s menu, you can attempt to recreate deluxe sandwich at home.
- 2 cups bread flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup warm water
- ¾ cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yoghurt
- A tablespoon active dry yeast
- A tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
For sandwich filling of Schlotsky’s Deluxe Original Style Sandwich:
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Tomato, thinly sliced
- Romaine lettuce, torn
- Black olives, chopped
- Parmesan, shredded
- Extra sharp cheddar
- Slices of lean ham
- Slices of salami, cotto and genoa
- Yellow mustard
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients for the bread inside mixer bowl, except for cornmeal. Attach dough hook to the machine. Mix until it forms a solid blob of dough.
- Let the dough rest for 40 minutes so gluten will be resting.
- Place the dough inside soup bowls that have been coated with cornmeal.
- Sprinkle the dough’s top with cornmeal then bake inside preheated oven of 375ºF for about 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Let the bun cools down in a rack. Spray with cooking spray to keep it moist.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce then set it aside.
- Cut the bun horizontally.
- Spread a cut with yellow mustard then both halves with garlic sauce.
- Place the three types of cheeses on a half bun then bake it inside 350ºF oven until cheese has melted.
- Place meats, black olives, and veggies on top of melted cheese.
- Put the top bun and serve.
- This Schlotzsky’s Deluxe Original Style Sandwich can serve up to five people.
The total of Schlotzsky’s Deluxe Original-Style Sandwich calories content is definitely not small. Each portion can give you 918 calories. Nonetheless, the superb taste of Schlotzsky’s Deluxe Original Style Sandwich cannot be missed.