Blueberry muffins with frozen blueberries recipe is easy to make. It only needs 10 minutes to prepare the muffin batter before you bake it. Blueberry can be eaten raw, after being picked freshly; just like any fruit. It is delicious and known as a superfood. Why is it called like that? This fruit is nutritious. It helps preventing cancer and heart disease. There are still other benefits that you can gain by eating it. It is known that there are many recipes which include blueberry as the main ingredient. One of them is blueberry muffins with frozen blueberries healthy superfood. Here is the recipe.
- 2 cups blueberries, the frozen ones
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ sugar, the granulated one
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour, the all-purpose one
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- The first step in blueberry muffins with frozen blueberries recipe is to preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Later, prepare the muffin tin or muffin cups. The servings in this recipe are for 12 muffins. Spray the cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Now, let’s move on to the muffin batter. Prepare a large bowl. Add the all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder into the bowl. Whisk them altogether. You have dry ingredients right now.
- Make the wet ingredients. It consists of melted butter, milk, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix both of them gently. Do not mix them too over.
- After the batter is done, put the blueberries. You can fold the blueberries carefully into the batter or simply put all of them into the batter.
- The next in the blueberry muffins with frozen blueberries, place the batter into the cups with rounded tablespoon. Fill in all the cups.
- Place the prepared muffin batter into the oven. Bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes. Watch them until the top is golden brown.
- After they are baked well, take them out and cool them down. The blueberry muffins are ready to serve.
Well, it needs 30 minutes in total to get them ready on the plate. Speaking of topping, there are people who love to add topping onto the muffins. If you are one of theme, try to make blueberry muffins with crumb topping. Ground nutmeg is one of choices that can be used. Simply crumb them and sprinkle onto the muffins. The other options are also possible.
On top of that, do you know that fresh blueberry can be expensive? The season is not long and it makes the price high. Therefore frozen blueberries are mostly used to make this recipe. Sadly, sometimes the frozen ones will change the muffin color into blue or purple. To avoid this matter, you better rinse the fruit first. Rinse them until the water is lighter. The blueberries are ready to use. That’s all. Hope you enjoy baking blueberry muffins with frozen blueberries.