Today, we will create another homemade Jimmy John’s 1 Pepe Sub sandwich recipe using simple ingredients that we can find in any food stores. Jimmy John as one of the best sandwich restaurant in the world, is famous for its fantastic and tasty menus. One of them is this number one Pepe Sub Sandwich. The combination of ham tenderness and savory provolone might persuade you to take another bite again and again.
Some of ingredients in this recipe are already available in several conventional food stores. However, you must be prepared to look harder for the sub sandwich bun and provolone sandwiches because they are only available in a few places. Nevertheless, you can still enjoy Jimmy John’s 1 Pepe Sub sandwich on wheat bread if you want without harming any other aspects of the taste. Without blabbering too much, let’s just get down to it.
- 1 roll of Sub sandwich bun (in your preferable length)
- 500 grams of smoke ham
- 1 pack of provolone (Italian cheese)
- 1 pack of fresh lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato cut
- 1 tablespoon of pure mayonnaise
- Slice the sandwich into two parts, and use mayonnaise on each side.
- Slice the tomatoes into several layers and spread them on the first layer of sandwich.
- Add two pieces of Provolone on top of the tomato.
- Slice the smoked ham into a long layer and place it in several rolls above the provolone.
- Add two pieces of Provolone over the ham to keep the rolls intact.
- Top with a sprinkling of grated lettuce
- Cover by joining with bread.
- Voila! Your replication of Jimmy John’s 1 Pepe Sub sandwich is finished.
You can buy Jimmy John’s own sub sandwich bun with an affordable price and size to your liking. That way, you can make this recipe at any time you like. As for the provolone cheese, just start looking at Italian food stores because provolone cheese is basically Italian cheese. They are sold not in jars, but in baskets, formed as a pear-shaped chunk
If you are not a fan of mayonnaise, you can make Jimmy John’s 1 Pepe sub sandwich no mayo and replace it with a little mustard. That way, it feels a little familiar on your tongue. Now, you don’t need to be tired of waiting in line at Jimmy John’s. Thanks to this homemade Jimmy John’s 1 Pepe Sub sandwich recipe, you can swoop in anytime you want.