Quaker oats oatmeal cookie recipe makes use the famous Quicker Quaker Oats as the main ingredient. It is very familiar brand, isn’t it? This product is based in Chicago. The manufacturer has produced it for more than 130 years.
What will be given here is an easy oatmeal cookie recipe. Basically, the official website shares several recipes which use Quaker oats as the ingredient. It is interesting since you can be creative in consuming this product. It is such a good idea to share recipes with the consumers indeed. In order to know more about the cookie recipe, please kindly read on.
- 3 cups Quaker oats, uncooked (pick variant you like, quick or old fashioned)
- ½ tsp salt, this is optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups flour, all-purpose one
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup sugar, granulated one
- ¾ cup brown sugar which is firmly packed
- First of all, prepare the oven to begin the Quaker oats oatmeal cookie recipe. Preheat it to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, put butter/margarine and sugars. Beat them until the texture is creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg. Beat them again.
- Next, add ground nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, and also salt. Mix them well.
- In this step, you need to add oats. Mix the oats well.
- Try to make good dough from all of the ingredients.
- Once the dough is ready, prepare non-oily cookie sheets. Now it’s time to put the dough in shape. You can use rounded tablespoon to take the dough and drop it onto the cookie sheets.
- After the entire dough has been placed onto the sheets, place the pan inside the oven for about 8 to 9 minutes only. If you bake them in that amount, it will give a chewy cookie. In this Quaker oats oatmeal cookie recipe, if you want to get a crisp cookie, you need 10 to 11 minutes to bake them.
- Remove the heat and take them out from the oven. Let it cool on cookie sheets for one minute.
- To serve them, wait until they are cool entirely. Store them well later.
There are more tips if the expected result is bar cookies. In this oatmeal raisin cookies recipe, you must add 1 cup raisins and later, bake the dough for about 25 – 30 minutes. The color will turn out to be light golden brown. It will make a delicious bar cookies. Cool the cookies completely and cut them into bars. That recipe will make 24 bars.
In order to make variations, you can mix chopped nuts. Another thing which can be done is to add 1 cup chocolate chips which are semi-sweet ones. Otherwise, adding peanut butter flavored chips can be another option too. Have fun to try Quaker oats oatmeal cookie recipe!