Deer burger recipe becomes a popular choice due to its taste and healthy aspect. Venison or deer meat contains lower cholesterol and fat than beef. In general, you can cook anything to utilize venison as beef replacement. Burger is easy choice because of no complex procedure to prepare and simple ingredients. For burger, you require ground venison, which legally sold in the market.
- 6 bacon, sliced and minced
- Ground venison, 2-2.5 pounds
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Pepper and salt
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- 6 hamburger buns
- Preheat skillet and cook bacon using olive oil until they are crispy and browned. Put aside and wait to cool down the temperature.
- Prepare olive oil in skillet, add shallots and garlic. Stir and cook until they look soft then pour into bacon.
- Add venison, Worcestershire sauce, salt, parsley, egg, and pepper into bacon mixture. Mix until they incorporate well.
- Create patties from this mixture and put on outdoor grill. Cook them inside hamburger buns. Add additional toppings based on personal preference.
Well, bacon enhances deer burger recipe flavor due to its salty texture. You can add other meats to mix with venison, such as chicken, turkey, lamb, and beef. However, bacon is the top preference that people like to put inside burger. In fact, venison burger mix will not be more delicious without it. In the same area, ground venison might be difficult to find, unless the online order. Make sure to purchase from trusted seller because venison is not common meat in market.
To balance the calorie and nutrition composition, you may add various vegetables, such as celery and onion. Vegetables create healthy deer burger recipes that suitable for people with weight issue. As it mentioned above, venison contains lower fat and cholesterol. However, bacon is different because it’s not quite healthy for excessive consumption. That’s why you only need to put small piece of bacon just too keen its taste, but keep the venison as the main ingredient.
This is not recipe for daily basis meal because it takes an hour until it’s ready. Cooking steps start from bacon preparation, mix with venison, and put inside grill. As alternative, outdoor grill gives strong heat that let it burn faster, but you may consider kitchen grill if only serving for small gathering. Therefore, that’s what you get from deer burger recipe with bacon and garlic.