Potatoes in muffin tin are simple snack you can make at home. Do you love to make muffins? If you do, there may be a muffin tin at home, right? It can be used to make a crispy potato stacks. It is surely easy to make. In fact, there are many tasty foods which come from potato. This is only one of them.
In order to make this appetizer, simple ingredients must be prepared. Although it only uses simple ingredients, there will be flavorful taste coming out from the potato stacks. Interested in trying out the recipe? Let’s cook right away.
- 8 to 10 potatoes, pick the gold ones
- 3 tablespoon butter, perfectly melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Firstly, butter the muffin tins or cups you have at home and preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then cut the potatoes into slices. Since you are going to make potato stacks, try to cut it in thin slices.
- Place the cut potatoes into a bowl. Prepare a large one. Into the bowl, add garlic, pepper, salt, melted butter, thyme, and Parmesan cheese. The Parmesan cheese will make great cheesy potatoes in muffin tins. Toss all of them evenly.
- Next, let’s start making the stacks. In the prepared muffin tins or cups, place the potato slices one by one until it makes stacks. Do it to all the cups. Later, sprinkle some black pepper onto them.
- Now it’s time to bake the potatoes in muffin tin. It needs 55 minutes to one hour. Make sure that the centers look tender and the tops and edges look golden brown.
- Once it is baked well, take them out from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes only. Remove them carefully from the pan and they are ready to serve.
- In the end, you can garnish it with thyme and also Parmesan cheese. Voila! The potatoes in muffin tin are ready to eat as an appetizer or side dish.
You can get extra flavor by adding more garlic powder into the recipe. However it is up to each preference. As mentioned above, these potatoes stacks are very flavorful. One thing which adds the taste is the thyme. It enriches the flavor surely. You can still go with other herbs if thyme is not your favorite. Other herbs are such as oregano which is more common, basil, or rosemary. In fact, the flavorful taste comes from the combination Parmesan cheese, thyme, and garlic powder. That is why adding them more can give extra flavor, but do not give too much of them.
There is additional tip for you. It is best to use a mandolin slicer to cut the potatoes. It will make a good shape of every slice since they will be perfectly cut. Potatoes will less oxidize too. Serving this to your family or guests is a great choice since they will enjoy it. Good luck with your potatoes in muffin tin.