Fusilli is known as corkscrew shaped pasta. It looks like screw with rolling shape in its texture. What is difference between this pasta and others? Besides its shape, fusilli does not have many differences because the ingredients are similar to other pasta. You can get unique experience when combine fusilli with chicken and vegetables. The recipe is explained at below sections.
- 1 cup fusilli pasta
- 6-7 chicken tenderloins, cut or sliced
- 1 onion, dried and minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1 can chicken soup, only condensed cream
- 1 can mushroom soup, only condensed cream
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2-3 cups mixed vegetables, frozen
- 1-2 cups bread crumbs
- Prepare pot with salted water and boil it. Put fusilli and cook for 8 minutes then drain them.
- Heat oven at 400 F and add grease on baking dish.
- Heat skilled and add oil. Put chicken, minced onion, pepper, salt, garlic powder, parsley, and basil. Cook them until the chicken is tender and the juices are clean.
- Mix chicken, cooked pasta, mushroom soup, chicken soup, and mixed vegetables. Stir them and put into baking dish.
- Use small bowl and mix bread crumbs, melted butter, and parmesan cheese. Spread over chicken pasta mixture. Bake inside oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Wait until everything turns light brown.
Corkscrew shaped pasta above mainly uses chicken tenderloins. In general, you can put varied parts from chicken as long as they have similar texture. If you have different chicken ingredients, the baking gives unequal result. Therefore, make sure to have them with the same size or cut shape.
Moreover, fusilli is one of pasta names based on its shape. To cook it, make sure to read instruction then prepare boiling pot. To give salty taste, mix water and light salt then put and spread pasta. Do not overcook it because you will have baking for the next step. Overcooked creates imbalance texture that ruins casserole appearance. Besides fusilli, there are other pasta varieties such as rigatoni, tortellini, etc.
You can add more pepper, salt, and garlic powder to strengthen the pasta flavor. Mixed vegetables are available at store where you can get easily. For personal preference, the recipe may use other vegetables you like. Pasta is suitable for daily meal or small event with family. You can serve corkscrew shaped pasta and enjoy its delicious taste.