When it comes to cookie recipes without butter, it might be a little bit weird to deal with. While cookies and cakes are identical to butter, margarine, and so on, why would you like to have cookie without butter? However, this kind of cookie is hiking into its popularity. Some people do love butterless cookie for some reason. There is a claim that butterless cookies are softer and smooth. Because the butter will be replaced by coconut oil, the texture is a little bit different.
Are you going to make cookie recipes without butter? No need to prepare many things because this recipe will be done by ingredients commonly found in the kitchen. Even if your baking experience is next to zero, there is nothing to worry about. This recipe is fail free, allowing you to make more and more cookies in the future. Here is how you make cookie recipes without butter or vanilla.
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ½ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Begin to cook your cookie recipes without butter by preheating the oven to 375 degree.
- Prepare a large mixing bowl and combine vanilla, coconut oil, eggs, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Add kosher salt, baking soda, and flour. Stir evenly until you see smooth dough.
- Pour chocolate chips into dough and fold evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Using cookie scoop, form the dough and place one inch apart. This will let the dough to raise on during baking process.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 12 minutes or until brown. Rest for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack. Let it cool.
- Cookie without butter is ready to serve.
From this simple cookie recipe, you will find out the cookie recipes no butter is very easy to make. This recipe does not require you to stay in the kitchen for a whole day. The preparation time is only 15 minutes and cooking time is 12 minutes. This is surely does not take much of your time. This recipe is for 25 to 30 cookies which is perfect for your small family’s tea time.
Well, if talking about the coconut oil to replace the butter, you need to make sure that the oil is in form of liquid. You might find coconut oil in solid form. For this recipe, you have to melt it down so that it will be easier to make the batter. To melt it down, you can put the coconut oil into microwave for 20 seconds or until you see it is enough. Stir to make sure the coconut oil melts perfectly. What are you waiting for? Go to your kitchen, grab needed ingredients and make your cookie recipes without butter!