Calories in Cracker Barrel corn muffin perhaps are the reason why you do not indulge this delicious treat too often. Aside from calories per serving, you may also want to reduce eating trip to restaurant. Probably the restaurant is not located near your residence too. Why don’t you try homemade version of this corn muffin? You can easily replicate this dish in your kitchen. The steps are not complicated at all.
Below are Cracker Barrel corn muffin ingredients for homemade version as well as steps to prepare it. Let’s get going!
- ¾ cup yellow whole grain cornmeal, you can also use the coarse ground one
- 1¼ cup self-rising flour, you can easily mix regular flour with baking powder to achieve this
- 2 large size eggs, use free range eggs to improve homemade corn muffin Cracker Barrel nutrition
- ¾ cup buttermilk, you can mix whole milk with vinegar or lemon juice if this ingredient is not available
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter, let it cool until reaching room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Butter or cooking spray
- Place flour, cornmeal, and sugar in a large mixing bowl then mix until they are well combined.
- Drop the eggs, buttermilk, and honey into another mixing bowl then whisk until they are incorporated.
- Add buttermilk and honey mixture into the dry ingredients slowly while mixing. You can ask your friend’s help for this.
- Add melted butter then stir in until combined. Be careful not to over mix your batter because you may end up with tough muffin.
- Grease 12-cup muffin tin with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour in your muffin batter into each cup until they are ¾ parts full.
- Bake inside preheated oven at 350ºF (180ºC) for eighteen to twenty minutes. Take out from the oven once the top has set and is slightly golden brown.
- Let your muffins cool down in the pan. Give it around two to three minutes.
- For the best flavor, serve them warm.
- This homemade recipe for corn muffins will yield eight servings. Level of calories in Cracker Barrel corn muffin homemade version is 142 kkal per serving.
From the start to finish, you only need around thirty minutes to prepare this recipe. You can easily prepare it as dinner companion or impromptu snack. It successfully lowers calories in Cracker Barrel corn muffin you will find in the restaurant. The original recipe has calories of 210 kkal per serving. You will not feel as guilty when eating the home baked product if compared that restaurant version. In addition to that, the ingredients are not too complicated either. You will easily find them in nearby grocery store.
The best way to eat this muffin is by serving them alongside stew or casserole. Muffin’s spongy interior will be able to soak up all the sauce. It certainly will elevate its flavor. You do not need to come to the restaurant just to taste its corn muffin. The homemade version is quick and simple. It can even reduce calories in Cracker Barrel corn muffin original.