Who does not know English muffin with the special crumb topping for muffins? This is a very popular type of bread which usually appears round and small. The bread can be processed in many variations like sliced horizontally, buttered and toasted. In United States, the toasted English muffins are often consumed as a breakfast dish. It is healthy and easy to make.
Either served as breakfast or casual snack, muffins usually have toppings. The topping can be sweet or savory up to your preferences. Are you still struggling to find the suitable muffin toppings idea for your bread? Let’s check this out.
The first idea is the banana crumb. Everything knows that the best topping for muffin is the crumbed one. All you need is vegan butter, raw sugar, and unbleached flour and that’s all! You are ready to rock the muffin. Furthermore, the process of making this crumb only needs one bowl and 30 minutes to be served.
How does the banana crumb topping for muffins taste? It’s heavenly for sure! They are neither too sweet nor bitter. It feels so moist in mouth and hearty. The process of making banana crumb muffin is simple. After mixing the wet and dry mixture of banana muffin dough, then prepare your crumb ingredients. Mash the ingredients all together using a fork until they turn into crumby shape that looks similar with wet sand. After that, put the crumbs on top of banana muffin mixture then bake it.
The second idea of crumb topping for muffins is the lemon topped muffin. A lemon muffin with a light lemon flavor as the topping never goes wrong for a breakfast or brunch snack. The ingredients and baking steps are explained below.
- ½ cup of butter
- zest of two lemons
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 big eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ cup of milk
- After you collect all the ingredients, then mix all of them in a large bowl. Make sure they are mixed well.
- Press the mixture down into the bowl and chill in the fridge. While you are waiting for the crumbs topping to get cool, you can prepare the lemon muffin batter.
- After the crumb mixture is cool enough and turns into firm shape, break down the mixture into some large crumbs.
- When your muffin batter is ready, pour the crumbs gently on top of muffin batter. Now, when your batter is ready, all you need to do is bake the lemon crumb topping for muffin recipe.
- Bake the lemon muffin dough at 325° Fahrenheit for about 20-25 minutes. Make sure the skewer or toothpick comes out from the muffin clean.
However, you can make the crumb topping first and freeze it for the next baking time. We never know there might be a time when you urgently needed a crumb topped muffin. These crumb topping for muffins recipes surely can be modified as you wish.