Dreamfields pasta carbs content is 41 grams for each serving. Although the amount is not far off from regular pasta, it is said that carbohydrate content in this whole wheat pasta does not produce similar effect as typical carb. Your body will not require as much insulin as it would need to process typical carb of the same amount. It certainly is an attractive choice for people who are under strict low-carb diet, like diabetic patients.
How to cook this pasta so you will retain (or better, improve) its nutritional value without making it a chore to eat? Below, a great recipe to serve this whole wheat pasta will be discussed. The ingredients are able to complement Dreamfields pasta ingredients well.
- Dreamfields pasta, angel hair is preferred
- ½ cup baby kale, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 ears cooked corn, peel off the cob
- A medium size cucumber, diced finely
- A big tomato, deseeded and diced
- A tablespoon basil, chopped
- A tablespoon oregano, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil, extra virgin is preferred
- Salt to taste
- Boil pasta according to package instruction to maintain Dreamfields pasta carbs content and optimum texture. Rinse cooked pasta in cold water then set aside in a closed container to keep it moist.
- Mix olive oil and salt in a large bowl then add the pasta. Toss the ingredients well until every single grain of pasta is coated in oil-salt mixture.
- Add chopped basil and oregano into the pasta then stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add baby kale, corn, cucumber, and tomato into the pasta. Toss all the ingredients together until they are mixed well.
- Top pasta salad with some more chopped basil and oregano then serve.
- This pasta salad recipe can serve up to 6 people.
Let’s see Dreamfields low carb pasta nutritional information of this pasta salad recipe. Each serving contains 53 grams of carbohydrate. The total fat content is 14 grams with only 2 grams of saturated fat. A serving of this pasta salad fills your sodium quota of the day by 120 mg. Protein value in this meal is 10 grams and it contains 9 grams of good fiber. By eating a bowl of pasta salad, you can gain 350 calories to fuel daily activities. Try out this recipe if you want to improve on Dreamfields pasta carbs content with other nutrients.