It is not quite hard to find the basic blueberry muffins recipe from scratch. On the other hand, you can find plenty baker that make excellent muffin by using just few ingredients – but it still tastes awesome! The best blueberries that can be used for this recipe is the fresh one. However, a canned or frozen blueberry can work wonderfully too. These muffins alone are suitable for a sweet breakfast time but they also create an excellent duo with a cup of tea for a lovely brunch.
Everything is good when they are made from scratch. The natural ingredients in this recipe will make the blueberry muffin healthy. The effort you take to make this muffin is a little bit more exhausting rather than those from a box mix. But once you taste your own blueberry muffin recipe, you will know the entire struggle worth it all. So, let’s peek on the blueberry muffins recipe from scratch below.
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 2/3 cup of buttermilk
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ tablespoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ cup of blueberry
- 3 tablespoon of flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Prepare your oven and preheat it up to 375° F or 200° C
- Put together sugar, butter, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir it all until it turns into nice creamy shape
- Prepare another bowl and pour baking powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix the compound until it all well blended
- Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet ingredients. Make sure all things are blended and not clumpy
- Carefully fold in the blueberries. If it’s not possible to find fresh blueberries, then canned one is okay. Blueberry muffins with frozen blueberry still tastes delightfully
- Spoon the mixture into a muffin tins. Each hole should be filled ¾ full
- Pour all topping ingredients in a bowl and stir it. Each muffin can be topped with the topping ingredients for about one rounded teaspoon
- Bake the muffins for around 20 minutes, or until the toothpick is clean
- Remove your muffins from oven and let them sits for a while
Now you can enjoy the homemade blueberry muffins recipe from scratch. It tastes buttery, soft, and sweet. Wonderful!
Beside the taste, this muffin is also healthy. Blueberry contains high fiber and more antioxidants compared to other fruits. These antioxidants are good for fighting free radicals that may threat our body cells which can lead into aging and disease.
Furthermore, blueberries have high level of vitamin K, vitamin C, and manganese. This fruit can help reducing blood pressure which can protect our body from fatal disease like heart failure. In short, blueberry muffins recipe from scratch is a delicious treat that can also help us maintain our health.