When you are short on time or feel like measuring everything from scratch is just too much to be done, you can make some pumpkin muffins with cake mix. Cake mix is guaranteed to make everything easier, and you can purchase these time saving mixes pretty much anywhere. Pumpkin muffins with cake mix calories falls under 200 calories, so eating one of these sweet treats will not ruin your diet.
Pumpkin can be made into various delicious dishes. With the delicate texture and bright orange color, it can be found everywhere, especially in Halloween season. Behind the delicateness and sweetness of pumpkin, there are a multitude of benefits that you can get by consuming it on a daily basis. It contains some essential nutrients, such as vitamin A, C, protein, fibers, folate, and many more.
Moreover, pumpkins are beneficial for your eyes because of the abundance of vitamin A. There are about 426 grams of vitamin A in a single pumpkin. Furthermore, the antioxidants found in pumpkins can also fight free radicals. These radicals are the source of various diseases, and consuming food high in antioxidants can help you prevent contracting diseases. It is very important to protect yourself with antioxidants, especially if you spend lots of time outdoors. Now let’s check the pumpkin muffin recipe below.
- A one-pound bag of yellow cake mix
- A 400 gram can of pumpkin (unsweetened)
- A teaspoon of finely ground cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of finely ground nutmeg
- A quarter teaspoon of high quality ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a muffin pan with twelve cups or line them with paper liners. This step should be done to prevent the muffins from sticking to the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until they form a smooth batter.
- Divide the pumpkin muffins with yellow cake mix batter equally between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are well done. It can be checked by inserting a toothpick into one of the muffins. If it comes out clean without any batter on the surface, your pumpkin muffins with cake mix are done.
Well, all the nutrients in pumpkins can be very beneficial to your health, even preventing some dangerous diseases. It is not surprising that pumpkin is considered one of the best superfoods in the world. But sometimes, we run out of ideas about how to cook the pumpkins. However, you don’t need to worry anymore as the pumpkin muffins with cake mix recipe above is the simplest one ever.
The recipe is very easy to make since you don’t need any mixer. The texture of these muffins is so moist and doesn’t make your throat sore. It can be consumed anytime – for breakfast, coffee break, even a midnight snack if you want. In addition, the pumpkin muffins with cake mix recipe can be steamed or baked, depending on your preference.