Fedelini pasta is one of many recipes that you must try. This is for four servings. You can adjust the ingredients to make the expected servings. This recipe is special since this pasta is not the only main ingredient. As seen in the title, you will need to add tuna and chickpeas. If you are interested to make fedelini pasta recipes, let’s check the further information about the ingredients and cooking steps.
- 16 ounce tuna, canned one
- 1 2/3 cups chickpeas, canned one
- ¾ pound fedelini pasta
- 1 cup of tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp fennel seeds
- Grated zest, pick from ½ orange
- ¼ parsley, chopped
- To make fedelini pasta, prepare frying pan and heat the oil on low heat. Cut the onion into slices and place it into the pan. Cook it for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, ground pepper, the orange zest, and fennel seeds. Stir them for about one minute.
- Add the tomatoes. Simmer and then cover them for about 10 minutes.
- Now, it is time to add tuna and chickpeas then cover them. Remove the heat right after that.
- It is pasta’s turn. We are supposed to use fedelini, but you can use spaghetti or vermicelli as fedelini pasta substitute. Cook fedelini in large pot which contains boiled salted water.
- Cook it only for 6 minutes. Before draining the pasta, save ½ cup of water.
- Mix the pasta with sauce. The pasta water can be added here. Try to pour only ¼ of the water. If the sauce is too thick, you can add more pasta water. Speaking of parsley, add it while you mix pasta and sauce or add it when you are done mixing.
- Your pasta is ready to serve. This recipe is for 4 servings.
In addition, you better pick canned tuna which has more oil inside the can. For your information, the oil is considered to be the additional ingredients of pasta sauce. It will enhance the taste. If the canned tuna has less than 1½ tbsp oil, you better add more cooking oil. That’s all. Actually, you can make a variation by adding more or other ingredients. Hope you like it to vary your fedelini pasta recipes.