If you are doing a diet low in carbohydrates or ketogenic one, you may need of something practical to eat on the way to work. Well, eggs in muffin tins recipe are definitely for you. Although eggs can be used for various breakfast dishes, not all people can cook a different dish every morning to suit your taste. That is why meal preparation using the right recipes, such as eggs in muffin pan recipe is needed.
You should definitely try to make eggs in muffin tins recipe if you’re short on time every morning. This recipe is obviously very healthy and diet friendly. You can cook them in batches, refrigerate and freeze them, then just thaw them whenever you need them.
If you are not allergic to eggs and love eating them, why not try making this recipe? It will satisfy your love for eggs and it will be a fun way to eat eggs. Therefore, you don’t get bored with the same sunny side up or boiled eggs. There are even some other ingredients to add into this recipe, like egg in muffin tin recipe with bacon and cheddar, spinach, tomatoes, or mozzarella.
- A cup of mixed vegetables (tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, onions, or anything you like)
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- 6 fresh chicken eggs
- A cup of shredded strong cheese (cheddar, edam, or something you prefer)
- A cup of ham or other processed (or fresh) meat, diced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the eggs and milk evenly.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, stir evenly, add some salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Coat the muffin tin with butter, margarine, or olive oil so the eggs won’t stick to it.
- Fill up the muffin holes with the mixture, leaving some space so they don’t spill.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
The first step is very simple. Just beat the eggs with other ingredients and seasonings, including some onions if you like. Pour this batter into your muffin pan and add whatever ingredients you prefer. Get creative and create your own combinations! If you choose to add some vegetables to the egg mixture, chop them up first before making the egg mixture in the eggs in muffin tins recipe. By chopping the vegetables in advance, it will be quicker to add them into the egg mixture.
In addition, make sure you are chopping everything into small cubes. However, if you like bigger chunks of vegetables, you can also do that. Another tip is to whisk the eggs in a measuring cup, so you can divide them equally between the muffin pans. It will also be easier to pour the mixture into muffin pan. You should definitely try the eggs in muffin tins recipe to live a healthier life. Well, having these delicacies ensures that you always have a healthy snack in hand.