There are lots of things you can make from jiffy corn muffin mix, and this is proven by the fact that you can find hundreds of jiffy corn muffin mix recipes online. Corn muffins are not the only thing you can bake using this mix. It can be used to make baking other things take shorter time as you won’t need to measure all of the ingredients yourself. Well, for cheese lovers, you can also make it as jiffy corn muffin mix recipes cheese.
The parts that make this tamale pie so special are beef, corn, and cheese combined into a delectable mix sandwiched between cornbread. Although the traditional method of cooking this dish requires you to make it from scratch, now you can use jiffy cornbread muffin mix to make everything quicker. Other than using the mix, of course you can use your trusted cornbread recipe. The recipe below makes 8 servings.
- 2 pounds of beef, ground
- 2 cups of your preferred peppers, diced
- A jar of tomato salsa
- A teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of chipotle pepper
- Half a teaspoon of oregano flakes
- Two boxes of jiffy corn muffin mix
- Two eggs
- Whole milk, two-third of a cup
- 100 grams of strong cheese (cheddar or edam)
- 100 grams of pepper jack cheese
- 200 grams of corn
The first step in this jiffy corn muffin mix recipes is preparing utensils to cook. Place a pan on the stove and set it to medium heat.
- Add the beef and peppers to the pan. Don’t forget to stir the meat with a wooden spoon so it doesn’t clump.
- Add the spices you have prepared such as salsa, salt, and oregano. Cook this mixture for up to fifteen minutes. Don’t overcook.
- When it is done cooking, set aside and you’re ready to prepare the other components of this recipe.
- Grease a casserole dish then make the cornbread batter by mixing one box of the corn muffin mix according to the directions on the box.
- Pour the mixture to the casserole dish. Layer it with corn, cheese, beef mixture, and press it down lightly.
- Make another batter with the remaining box of corn muffin mix mentioned earlier in this jiffy corn muffin mix recipes, then put this batter on top of the layers you have just made. Leave half of an inch of space on the edges to make sure it won’t spill.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius for an hour or until done. Rest it for fifteen minutes, slice it up and it’s ready to serve.
To make the best pie, it is recommended to follow these tips. First, you better use cold ingredients. Refrigerate the dough after you’re done doing each step. Moreover, do not over-handle the dough. Use as little flour as you can when dealing with the dough. Too much flour will make the dough too tough and the pie will not be as delicious as you expected. Well, if you follow the steps of jiffy corn muffin mix recipes above correctly, it will yield a very palatable pie.